Monday, September 1, 2008

the 2400 Diner

I've been told I haven't posted in a while. True, Much to do
We'll start with a review of the 2400 Diner in Fredericksburg, VA.
BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): Well worth the drive.
While enroute to a bike (motorcycle) leather shop, the spouse and I ran across the 2400 Diner.
Since we took off before breakfast, we pulled in as soon as we saw the neon sign.
First good sign: Physically hard to get in the door, people were waiting for a table.
Got to a table, waitress gave us menues that looked like they hadnt been changed in a while.
A heavy roster of regulars were up at the counter, and they looked like they knew their way around a meal, If You Know What I Mean.
I ordered steak and eggs, with home fries, the Spouse her usual: French Toast.
Service a bit slow, but the place was packed. Always a good sign.
Steak and eggs came - steak done medium as ordered. Home fries has a bit of crunch to them - no frozen processed patty or half raw pile of stuff. French Toast, I'm told, was acceptable.
The only down side I could say about the 2400 is the coffee was a tad weak, but the regulars are all semi-rural looking folk who drink it all day and don't need to spin out of control.
The 2400 Diner is what many chains such as the Silver Diner try to be: a place to go get some chow. Nothing fancy, no fake '50s atmosphere, oldies blaring out of the sound system.
Very reasonably priced, less than 15 for the both of us.
So,go already!
Good luck

4 comments:

liberal army wife said...

yeah... Minnesota coffee.

LL Wife

kimba said...

Ahhhh, I lived in Fredericksburg for 20 years. It's my east coast home! I love the 2400 Diner. I hope you stopped at Carl's for an ice cream on your way out of town. :-)

If you ever go back to Fred Vegas, I'd be happy to give you a ton of recommendations.

Megan said...

Woohoo! He speaks! We bloggers are of the evangelical sort and always celebrate when we've coaxed another skeptical victim to join our ranks. :) Thanks for the stuff you sent my hubby. It was helpful. Not sure if he was able to reply to you about that yet.

And welcome to the blogosphere. Can I be your imaginary friend, too? :)

Tammy Munson said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Chief! : ) if you need any help of the techie kind... let me know! : ) Have fun in Vegas!